Traveling Mercies
I was so blessed on this last trip. And, I learned a few lessons!
1. Being distracted with paying a demanding porter can work to your advantage. The check-in lady just went ahead and checked my slightly overweight bag without a fuss or fee.
2. My wedding gift laden carry on was 11 kilos, one under the 12 max. The guy who weighed it laughed at my relief. Of course, somewhere in Atlanta I was wishing I could drop some of those kilos.
3. Renew your Carte Se Jour before you leave! I was taken to a special office at Casa and reprimanded about not renewing it. The guy ended up saying, when you come back don't give the customs guy your card. I actually hadn't given it to the first guy until he asked for it. The Lord was gracious in allowing me to be relaxed and patient through it all. And, I was able to board the plane without waiting at the gate.
4. Mary gave excellent advice for the Paris aiport, and I made it on time. FYI - tubes of things must be in a sealed ziplock bag. For some reaon I hadn't zipped my clear pouch all the way (which I didn't know items had to be in a clear bag to start with) so the man threw them away. Also, Delta has some new screening process; I felt like I was being iterrogated. The man would ask questions quickly and in the middle of easy answer questions throw in something like, "Why did you bring a knife?" Ha! I passed the screening.
5. My first Delta flight internationally, and no one was in the seat next to me! I was very very spread out the whole 9hr and 10 minute flight! I did feel a little guilty about it, but at least the lady in front of me also had an empty seat.
6. On my Birmingham flight, there was a woman from Jordan who knows Sarah F. at school and a man from Birmingham that works with the school minder program and knows Barb. Can you believe it?
***
I really felt at peace during the whole trip. I appreciate everyone's prayers, and just ask that you will pray for my return trip too!
Oh, and another gift from the Lord - Saturday morning I walked in to say hello to Seth (3 years old). He stepped behind my mom at first and then smiled, yelled, "Tasha," and ran to hug me. He said he had missed me so much and continued to say that throughout the day. It has been wondeful to be home.


3 Comments:
It's good to hear that you had a safe flight back. It's also good to see that your blog is still working. So why did you bring a knife?
I loved hearing about your reunion with Seth. How dear. I'm glad that your trip has gone so well thus far.
I'm gald you're back!
Post a Comment
<< Home