Faux Pas
Let's hope I don't commit any faux pas as I stumble through the weekend as a
1. faux imam, marrying my former roommates and friends
2. faux mom, leading post-race stretches at the Mayor's Cup in place of my running buddy--founder of a website dedicated to encouraging moms toward healthy and physically active lifestyles--as she and her family travel for business
May my Arabic and athleticism seem better than what they are (especially as these days I spend my time immersed almost exclusively in transcripts, codes, and community theory) so that hopefully I won't embarrass my friends! Thank goodness for an athletic bf and a roommate who speaks Arabic!
3. I feel like I should add in faux researcher, because I think all grad students feel that way. The window is narrowing for the defense. May 24th -- the countdown is on!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home