I definitely would have to say that don goes through a different thought process than me too; in fact, he seems to see things much differently. But, despite a sometimes bleak perspective, a lot of his ideas challenge me or resonate. I have been reminded from the book how little I do in terms to help people. It seems that the more taught and encouraged thing to do is sell a message. I feel almost like I've slipped into it without any questioning. But, on some level, I can see how it would be easy to do - the message is of utmost importance. People, I think in general, can be so task oriented. I feel like don's charge to change ourselves seems to be a challenge to live for something greater. And in living for Someone Greater, we will live for other people, loving them relevantly and earnestly. But, how?
2 Comments:
I think I like Tony the Beat Poet.
I definitely would have to say that don goes through a different thought process than me too; in fact, he seems to see things much differently. But, despite a sometimes bleak perspective, a lot of his ideas challenge me or resonate. I have been reminded from the book how little I do in terms to help people. It seems that the more taught and encouraged thing to do is sell a message. I feel almost like I've slipped into it without any questioning. But, on some level, I can see how it would be easy to do - the message is of utmost importance. People, I think in general, can be so task oriented. I feel like don's charge to change ourselves seems to be a challenge to live for something greater. And in living for Someone Greater, we will live for other people, loving them relevantly and earnestly. But, how?
Post a Comment
<< Home